Monday, February 28, 2011

Judgement

Sometimes i wonder if the decisions i make in my life are more influenced by what other people may think rather than what i think is right for me.

It doesn't bother me that my husband wants to get even more tattoo's on his body (he already has his left arm, chest and stomach covered), but because my parents and his parents don't like the idea of it (they think that society will judge him harshly), i find myself saying to my hubby that maybe he shouldn't be getting any more tattoos.. End result = argument! Over what? other people's thoughts?!

Should i really allow other peoples opinions to influence my decisions because i am afraid to be judged by them? Do i just automatically reform to what i think society wants so i can be more accepted? How can I, an independent, well educated woman of the 21st century allow that to happen!! Easy, its human nature to want to be liked and to please others.

Gaining wisdom in my old age =) , i never would have thought of this a year ago.

So what do i do to change this? Well, i haven't figured that one out yet. Its always easy to preach, harder to be converted.. At least i can admit this, right?

Much love,
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message after the beep... BEEP!